1/12/12

Live & Learn.... & Trying to Forget



How do you move forward? Yes, you've ended that relationship/friendship, cut ties, but how do you really move on? Time heals all wounds, I can attest to that. And it's so hard to move forward with unresolved issues, or when holding on to what could have been.


It's been 3 days & I know I need to let go. And in a way I have. But my heart is still there. It's stuck. That's what happens when you open yourself up to someone else. When you let your guard down & allow them to successfully surmount the walls around your heart.


You're not supposed to have regrets. Or dwell on the past. Or any of that stuff. I've learned to glean lessons from every situation & keep it moving. I just didn't know that I'd be in this predicament ever again.


So I'm asking myself, how can I forget? There is nothing more that I want in this world right now than to forget everything that happened. Pretend like it didn't happen. How can I speed up the process... & reach the point where I can look back & feel nothing? To where I need clues to figure out what/who someone is referring to?


I never thought I'd be here again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers