8/28/11

try again.

Woke up this morning & discovered I was recovering from my funk. Amazing.

I haven't been able to write anything since... July? June? The interest just wasnt there despite how hard I tried. The words weren't coming.

Fine.

'Career Path' for $200, Alex............."What is Dancehall Queen?"

Jackpot. Writing is the only thing I've ever seen myself doing professionally. And I dont know where this funk is coming from... Something is telling me it will be back, but I'm going to try and fight it. With a post everyday (ambitious much? I know).

So. Welcome to WordPress. I moved things over here because I like the look... Blogspot was a little complicated for me (re: following blogs & etc.)

A baby step in the right direction. I think once I get back into the groove of things I'll be ready to head back to school to finish that postgrad... 2012 has to be a better year. 2011 started with a bang and by February, I'd realized there was a gunshot wound in my back. Go figure.

Things are what you make it and I have made some progress over the past 8 months, 28 days, but I'm not where I need or want to be in my life at 23. Some say I put too much pressure on myself, but I dont put enough. Gotta work on it.

 

2011 success:

- I quit my horrid job!
- Wrote my first article as a freelance writer (woot)
- I bought & wore a dress
- I've made my peace with fitness
- 3 credit cards paid off

2011 failures:
- Two wonderful opportunities f*cked courtesy of me
- Savings spent
- School hiatus
- Men (might need another blog for that because that scene is just hectic)

2011 goals (updated):
- Strength, patience, discipline (physical, emotional, spiritual)
- Socacize Instructor training
-Grab my license
- Clear another credit card
- Regain focus
- Seek help

Am I winning yet?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers